Sunday, March 25, 2012

RIP Retired MWD Lex



I have written about Lex and his Fallen Hero partner Cpl Dustin Lee a few times. For any of my previous columns, put "MWD Lex" in the search thing top left. The most recent about them both is here.

Today, this:

12 December 2000 – 25 March 2012
It is with a heavy heart that I pass along this sad news……Today at 2:02 p.m., Retired Military Working Dog K9 Hero Lex has crossed over and is now with Dustin.
My heart is breaking. There is nothing any of us can say to make this any better or easier for you my friend. I still remember the first trip you made to Texas I was in disbelief that you & Lex were at our house. What an HONOR it was to meet such a HERO in person and have the opportunity to bond with him. Lex & Dustin’s story will live on forever and now Dustin & Lex are guarding heaven together……………FOREVER ON WATCH!

I give you this one thought to keep,
I'm with you still. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glistens on the snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of the soft winds blowing Through the brush.
I am the soft stars that shine at night
And The Morning Light.
Do not think of me as gone
I am with you still, in each new dawn.
Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there, I do not sleep.
Do not stand there at my grave and cry For
I am not there, I did not die
I Am With The creator In The Sky.

MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL.


That from the FaceBook page "Angels For Lex."



I absolutely believe that Dustin met Lex beyond the Rainbow Bridge, and that they are reunited - together, forever.

Thank YOU for your service, Lex.


*Paw Salute from Bratdog*

No comments: