Thursday, June 11, 2009

One Year old!!!


I almost missed this: Assoluta Tranquillita was ONE YEAR OLD yesterday.

Where did the time go? Seems like only yesterday that a *certain* person was insisting I needed my own space. Was it really a year ago that I was adamant that my voice didn't need to be adding to the *noise* of the internet? Seems hard to believe that it was a year ago that I migrated here from Tanker Bros, which you all know was where I began this amazing milblog journey. (Thanks to YOU, MG!!!)

So here we are - 1014 posts later, (*I lied! It is actually 1030 posts on*) and every single day there is "stuff" that I feel needs to be out there. I still constantly ask myself "am I worth dying for...". BUT as long as "our guys" are out there, I will be here, with the porch light on, doing whatever it is I do in my small corner of the internet world. If I am really blessed, my regular readers (all 2 or 3 of you...lol) will continue reading. "Only time will tell."

As my Uncle Al always said: Soldier on.

NEXT!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogversary to you.
Happy Blogversary to you.
Happy Blogversary, deeear Braaaaaaat.
Happy Blogversary to youuuuuuu.

*sung with gusto and waving the stars and stripes along with the maple leaf*

Brat, you have done a beautiful job of honoring heroes, getting out the news, and sharing some great music. Thank you!

Sylvia

K-Dubyah said...

WooHoo! A milestone... I was/am particularly happy that you added your voice to the noise from the blog-O-sphere...

You have always 'stood' for Our Guys, and have shown more patriotism for America than many of our own countrymen. And for that, you will always be my American Canadian buddy.

LHP~

8675309 said...

Congratulations! You're one of the most dedicated and prolific bloggers out there, and I know your troop support is appreciated by soooo many.... :) Soldier on, indeed. Happy Blogiversary!

cary said...

Happy Happy, and many more in the future. Keep up the good work!

catbrooks said...

Congratulations on an inspirational year!

Thank you for your dedication in honoring all our heroes, and the important contribution you have made in the legacies they leave behind...

Love,
Cat

Unknown said...

Happy Blogiversary!
(or is it 'blogaversary'? :)

Anyways, Congrats! on one year...looking forward to many more posts from you!

Laurie said...

Woohoo! It has been a year, hasn't it? And have I thanked you lately for keeping the light on > over there too?