Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hannah needs you

"Hannah enjoying rides at the beach" (From Hannah's CaringBridge page here)

I am sure you all remember little Hannah Garman? I just found the following on Michelle Malkin:

Say a prayer for Hannah

By Michelle Malkin • January 25, 2009 10:20 AM

Last month, many of you joined in sending Christmas wishes to little Hannah Garman, the beautiful 4-year-old girl diagnosed with a rare, incurable brain tumor in October. Hannah’s mother died of cancer two years ago. Her community in Ephrata, Pa., spread word of Hannah’s wish to receive as many Christmas cards as possible. The nation responded with an outpouring of love.

Reader Greg, a firefighter in Lancaster, forwarded me an update from Hannah’s aunt, Michelle Reiff. Your prayers are needed again:

My name is Michelle Reiff, but to Hannah Garman, my little 5 year old niece, it is Aunt Shelly. I am writing this email hoping it gets mass emailed as quick as the benefit emails and all the other emails did….so I am asking all of you to please forward on to all your contacts, friends , family, anyone and everyone. You have all proved how amazing you are at coming together for a good cause and I thank each one of you from the bottom of my heart. I am asking just one more simple thing and the most important....


Michelle has more, and you can read it here.

My heart aches for this precious girl and her family. The request they now have is one we CAN do.

An entry on CaringBridge last week from Hannah's dad:

MONDAY, JANUARY 19, 2009 05:09 PM, EST

Well--Very tough writing today. The MRI showed the tumor has grown over the last few weeks, even with the treatments.Even the small areas have shown growth & they were the areas that should have responded first. So, today was Hannah's last treatment. We are going to enjoy the good days we have left with Hannah. Everything is now in God's hands. Please pray for our family & especially for a miracle.

Darin

Do as your heart dictates for Hannah. Thank you.

No comments: